Photo Credit: Anza Creative
Congratulations and how exciting! Whatever the occasion, you are lucky enough to be in the early stages of planning a celebration! Your immediate reaction may be ‘now what?’. We have been fortunate enough to receive great tips from our onsite Planning Duo at Back Patio Event Design, so we thought it only fair that we pass along a few tips to you for getting your event started.
- Set your parameters. Unsolicited opinions can be a great help as well as somewhat overwhelming. Make sure you set yourself up for less stress by letting those closest to you know what they can (and cannot) help with for the event. Always be receptive to suggestions, but remember your end goals with your big day. No one can take that away from you!
- Pick a theme. This doesn’t mean that your next gala, wedding or small party needs to have a cheesy Under the Sea theme, but rather that you need to solidify the idea behind the event so that your overall atmosphere and mood is succinct. You and your fiance’s ‘our song’ features a piece of fruit? Great! Make that piece of fruit the motif throughout your entire wedding.
- Make your own timeline. This is the best accountability tool you’ll have to keep you on track with planning. Do you want to get married four months after getting engaged? Then do it! Even if you’re planning a 40th birthday two years out, take as much or as little time as you want. The key is staying accountable with deadlines.
- Get help. Help is key. Just like any job, it’s all about how you delegate the work. This is where a coordinator is going to make your life and time planning a much smoother, more enjoyable process: By helping you save money in the beginning, to covering every detail day of, so that you can actually enjoy your event.
- Have fun! This is vague we know, however super important. It’s easy to get lost in the hustle! Remember to have fun and enjoy the process, so that come day of, you have nothing but fond memories sending you into party bliss.
Interested in planning your next milestone celebration, corporate party or wedding day? Contact us! CLICK HERE and we’ll be in touch with you soon.